- The operator of a vessel towing someone on skis or another aquaplaning device must either have an observer, in addition to the operator, on board who is attendant to the actions of the skier or have and use a wide-angle rear-view mirror.
- No one may ski or aquaplane between the hours of 1/2 hour past sunset and 1/2 hour before sunrise.
- No one may water ski or use another aquaplaning device unless they are wearing a U.S. Coast Guard-approved non-inflatable wearable personal flotation device (PFD). Inflatable PFDs are prohibited for skiing/aquaplaning.
- No one may ski or use another aquaplaning device while impaired by alcohol or other drugs.
- The operator of a vessel towing a skier may not pull the skier close enough to a fixed object or another vessel that there is risk of collision.
“Regulations.” Florida Fish And Wildlife Conservation Commission, myfwc.com/boating/regulations/